You choose the trail and we tell the tale
In a world where anyone can know anything, at anytime, have we lost the art of getting lost? Being lost is the prerequisite for searching. And without searching we would lose the joy that comes with finding. In our instant everything world, there is nothing we like more than being found.
So the importance of getting lost, should not be lost on us. In fact there is nothing to lose in getting lost and everything to gain. New experiences, yarns and many yet-to-be-met old friends.
The question is, how do you get lost, when you can so easily be found?’ The answer is beautiful in it’s simplicity. ‘To get completely lost, you have to be completely clueless.’ You have to surrender and let your path be determined by others, live with the consequences and vicariously share the adventure.
In 2019 Azinfische and friends set up an interactive touring travelogue to let others participate and vicariously share the experience. Called Clueless trails – where you choose the trail and we tell the tale.
A clueless manifesto
- Get intentionally lost, knowing where you are defeats the purpose.
- Get advice from the locals. They know better than you.
- Surrender your decisions. Let others choose your trail.
- Constrain your options. Travel light and carry and heavy bag.
- Never go the same way twice and never turn back.